Finding a place to call home is one of the most important decisions one has to make. One of the most intriguing options for many people is the consideration of moving into a gated community, something that has pros and cons attached to it.
The staff of All Pro Door Repair has had numerous clients who have been a part of such select areas, so we have a solid grasp on both the benefits and drawbacks attached to living in the areas. Listed below is a collection of pros and cons of living in gated community:
Pros of Living in a Gated Community
- Within a gated community offers a sense of security, since simply entering the area requires either inputting a gate entry code or having a guard staffed at the entrance.
- The amenities within a community can be an inviting aspect that lures homeowners who prefer staying close to home or don’t want to bother with certain chores that a regular home brings.
- The always annoying aspect of having unwanted solicitors knock at your door trying to sell something diminishes considerably. That’s because there’s literally a gatekeeper to keep them at bay.
- Given its enclosed nature, gated areas help limit traffic to only residents and guests, as opposed to anyone behind the wheel of any vehicle.
- Tighter code enforcement, requires other residents to maintain their yard and control any guests they invite. That’s because failure to do so will result in negative ramifications from the community homeowner’s association that usually runs such areas.
Cons of Living in a Gated Community
- The cost of the amenities, upkeep and other security concerns requires paying for such services, which means that monthly fees will be required. That could strain the budget of some who look longingly in the direction of this type of community.
- The cost to purchase a home in these areas has gone up accordingly, due to growing popularity. That means moving into this area requires a much larger down payment, which could short-circuit any such goals of becoming ensconced in this community.
- Going to and from your home in this area requires being able to have patience during high traffic periods. That’s because if a guard needs to let you in or gate codes need to be input for each resident who may be arriving at the same time, the delay can be a frustrating one.
- Delays are magnified if gate repair from All Pro Door Repair is needed, which can be aggravating to any family or friends coming to visit. Even if gate repair isn’t required, the perceived bother may make them less interested in stopping over to visit.
- While it’s good to have a sense of security, there’s no guarantees here. Gate codes can be given to unethical people and inattentive guards may miss the entry of a potential thief. Sadly, the Dallas and Fort Worth areas aren’t immune to this, which means vigilance with respect to crime prevention is paramount.
For the last 15 years, All Pro Door Repair has been Dallas and Fort Worth’s best choice when it comes to gate repairs.
Contact us today for a free estimate!